|I wrote Personal Genome Explorer in December 2007 to manage my personal genome data from 23andme. When I originally released it, 23andme didn’t officially support downloading your genome data, so Personal Genome Explorer had to extract the data from the HTML pages from the 23andme website. Now 23andme and deCODEme both officially support downloading your personal genome data, so I’ve deprecated the original HTML crawling path. The latest version imports genome data from either 23andme or deCODEme.
The traits analyzed are taken from SNPedia; if you see any errors, please update the relevant page on SNPedia. Keep in mind that there may be errors in 23andme’s genome data, bugs in how the program imports the data from 23andme, bugs in how the program imports the data from SNPedia, bugs in how the program links the SNPedia info to your genome, or incorrect information on SNPedia. The information presented is meant for recreational purposes only, and I’m not responsible for your interpretation of it. See the license for more details.
- SNPs are grouped by the trait they affect.
- Importing from 23andme‘s official downloadable data format is supported; this has replaced the “screen scraping” data path.
- Importing from deCODEme‘s official download-able data format is supported.
- Genotypes are appropriately oriented on the reference human genome, which makes the cross-referencing between personal genome data and SNPedia more accurate and complete.
- Some miscellaneous UI polish.
- Initial binary release
- SNP database import from SNPedia
- Comes with pre-imported data from SNPedia
- Analysis of genome based on SNPedia metadata
- Random genome generation based on population frequency data
- Initial source-code only release
You must read and agree to the license before downloading the source or installing the program.
It was entirely developed with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition, which is available as a free download.
This project was done as a WPF/.NET learning experience, and I’m happy to receive any constructive criticism you have.